There are a variety of causes of physical impairments including arthritis, congenital such as cerebral palsy, and spinal cord injuries.
Our therapists will review your records and assess you to determine your specific limitations and how to best address them.
- Range of motion: passive and active movement of a joint
- Muscle strength: how much force you can exert and how much weight you can lift
- Proprioception: a general sense of where your body is in space
- Balance: your ability to evenly distribute your weight and prevent falling over
- Coordination: controlling the position of body parts or posture
Physiotherapists treat your impairments to reduce disability.
Occupational therapists explore ways of enabling function despite impairments.