- COVID has also created an opportunity for us to find new ways to connect with our clients.
- We can have face-to-face sessions without travel.
- We can share computer screens with our clients:
- To teach skills
- To assist with tasks like filling in forms or navigating the Internet.
- We have selected Microsoft Teams as our platform of choice.
- Network communications in Teams are encrypted by default. By requiring all servers to use certificates and by using OAUTH, TLS, Secure Real-Time Transport Protocol (SRTP), all Teams data is protected on the network. Security guide for Microsoft Teams – Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Docs
- We can share documents, chat, and connect via video knowing that our connections are secure.
Ease of Setup:
- Our team members will help you to connect via Microsoft Teams. They make it easy.
- Case management:
- Our case managers connect with you to make sure that you get the services that you need and that those services are coordinated.
- Occupational therapy:
- You might be surprised how creative our occupational therapists can be using virtual media to assess and treat.
- They make therapy interesting and even fun.
- Our physiotherapists have found ways to assess and treat our clients via video.
- This helps to maintain continuity while waiting for in-person treatments.
Smart Home Technology:
- Partnering with our sister company, Plum Health Inc., we provide in-home technology to enhance function and independence.
- A sample of the equipment we provide and install includes home camera systems, automatic door locks and lights.
- We also program Alexa devices to provide verbal reminders (such as taking medications, taking out the garbage, changing bed linens), check-ins to see how you are doing, etc.